We understand that making purchases online involves a great deal of trust on your part.
We take this trust very seriously, and make it our highest priority to ensure the security
and confidentiality of the Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") you provide us.
AmaWaterways and business partners conduct business under various registered trade names
describes the principles and practices that apply to the PII collected from the users of our
services ("you") via our website, telephone or email communications, contests, or other surveys
and to any other AmaWaterways domestic or international-owned websites that may be accessed through it.
"Disclose" means to release, transfer, disseminate, or otherwise communicate all or any part of any
record orally, in writing, or by electronic or any other means to any person or entity. "Member" means
an individual who has registered with the website. "Minor" means any individual under 18 years of age,
or as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence. "Personally Identifiable Information"
or "PII" means any recorded information about specific individual whose identity may be inferred from
the information. This information includes, for example, name, email and mailing address, phone number,
account and billing information, and other information provided by a visitor to our website or incidental
to providing products and services to you. "Website" means www.AmaWaterways.com , as well as its child
sites and web pages, and any domestic or international-owned or managed website of AmaWaterways that may
be accessed through it.
By submitting PII to us or our website, and / or by visiting www.AmaWaterways.co.uk , you agree that we
law. If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any PII to AmaWaterways. If you choose to refuse or
withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with services normally offered by AmaWaterways.
AmaWaterways does not sell or market products to Minors. Minors are not eligible to register with, use or
purchase services via www.AmaWaterways.co.uk. We do not knowingly collect PII from any Minor, and will not
deliberately use such information. If you are under 18, you may use www.AmaWaterways.co.uk only with the
involvement of a parent or guardian. If you provide PII regarding any third party, including parties
traveling or vacationing with you, you must obtain consent prior to your disclosure of this information.
By providing PII of any third party, you represent that you have all necessary authority and / or have
obtained all necessary consents from such person to allow our collection of PII as set forth in this
III. What Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
AmaWaterways only collects PII that you voluntarily provide to us, or that is incidental to your use of our
services. The information we learn helps us personalise and continually improve your experience with
AmaWaterways, and assists us in providing for your vacation needs. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other
way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of
many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests,
customising future holidays for you, improving our website and communicating with you. Such information may
include service and purchase information, Membership and billing information, when you call or write to our
Customer Service and other volunteered information.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web
browser accesses the website. Such information may include login information, browsing history, preferences
and other personalisation information.
- E-mail Communications: AmaWaterways may retain copies of our email correspondence, or if you have received
and opened correspondence. We also compare our customer lists in an effort to avoid duplicative marketing.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our
account information. Such information may include when you visit sites on which we advertise, information
collected on sites that we host for third parties and other content served by or on behalf of AmaWaterways
on other websites.
- Incidental Information: AmaWaterways may collect information incidental to your visit of the website or purchase
of products or services. Such information may include when you have visited the website or when you registered as a Member.
IV. How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
AmaWaterways uses your PII for the purposes of responding to and processing your requests for AmaWaterways
products and services.
V. To Whom We Disclose Personally Identifiable Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling
it to others. AmaWaterways will only share your PII with our authorised service providers that perform services
or functions on our behalf, as required by law, or as described below.
From time to time, we may Disclose PII as follows:
- To those travel service providers with which you have or may make arrangements through via our website. For example, associated cruise lines, tour operators, holiday packages, wholesalers, independent affiliated travel agents and agencies, hotel or ground transport, attraction and travel insurance companies. We provide them only with the PII needed to assist you in choosing and completing your purchases, as well as the booking and reservation of travel related products and services.
- To organisations that provide services for or on behalf of AmaWaterways. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages and brochures, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These parties have access to the PII needed to perform their functions.
- To protect our website and our rights under our Terms and Conditions of Use; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganisation of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business.
- Where the information is public.
- To our insurers and to regulatory agencies.
VI. How we retain Personally Identifiable Information
If you are a Member of www.AmaWaterways.co.uk, we store your PII in the account overview of each user's
profile. We will retain your PII in our databases in accordance with our records management policy and
applicable laws. While this information may be periodically purged, the retention period may extend beyond
the end of your relationship with us. We may also need to retain certain information to prevent fraudulent
activity; to protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages
that we may sustain; or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
Your PII will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by AmaWaterways, located either at our
offices or at the offices of service providers.
VII. How You Can Control the Use of Your Information
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide PII. Guest browsing is available on the www.AmaWaterways.co.uk website, even though PII might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain AmaWaterways services. AmaWaterways provides you with choice and control over the collection and use of your PII, as well as a means of updating, correcting, or removing any PII stored in your customer profile. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. AmaWaterways provides you with the opportunity to specifically choose the promotional marketing communications you wish to receive from AmaWaterways. For emailed newsletters and promotional messages, you may send an e-mail to enquiries@AmaWaterways.com that includes your full name, street address and e-mail address, and specify that you don't want to continue receiving either postal mail, email, or both. If you choose not to receive any of the promotional marketing services that AmaWaterways provides, then AmaWaterways will not send them to you.
VIII. How We Protect Your Information
To protect the confidentiality of your PII, AmaWaterways employs physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access disclosure or modification of PII.
X. Contact Information
We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.